Some of my intrusive thoughts

To start a discussion post as a new topic.

Some of my intrusive thoughts

Postby randomletter_uckface » July 11th, 2017, 12:24 pm

I am overjoyed that there is a whole section for intrusive thoughts!
My past therapists never recognized this as a thing for me, they always acted like I was straying away from the subject when I tried to tell them about how my head sometimes becomes a very narrow prison full of intrusive angry wasp- thoughts.

Here are some of my reoccurring thoughts:

I get a glimpse of me standing on a train track with a train coming at me in full speed, as it hits me I "wake up" from this short flash and flinch away physically.

I am being chased, maybe by a crocodile, and as I snap out of it I retract my legs so that I won't get bitten (usually at the last minute).

I meditate and get a sudden flash of sheer terror and conjure up the worst gore that I have seen in splatter movies like a person being chopped up with a chainsaw or seeing one of my precious cats being tortured and killed by a psychopath.
Last time this happened I had to go check on my cat and kiss her so that her heartwrenching screams would stop ringing in my head.

Weird thoughts like: "I hope I get fired and end up on the street" and then I think "No! cancel that one! I do NOT wish for that" just in case the universe is listening.

Seeing my colleagues and immediately picturing in details what their private parts look like and any weird kink that they might have and what they sound like having sex.

Seeing my friends infant baby and picturing horrible stuff happening to her and then feeling like I have to "cancel that one" and think something nice so that the baby won't be in danger and also feeling guilty about my sick imagination.

I work the night shift alone at a small hotel, sometimes I feel scared and picture someone standing behind a corner ready to put an axe in my head and I brace myself as I walk past this corner.

Always expecting surveillance cameras in weird places, I did this as a child going to the bathroom at home and still do sometimes.
Also I can't concentrate if I'm sitting by a window at home and someone can see me, I feel spied on.

My teeth will probably fall out
(but I'm too scared to see the dentist again as he sexually harassed me last time).

"I wish i die"

I get images of me licking or eating disgusting things like shit and dirty shoes, sometimes in a sexual manner

If it's not ocd it feels pretty close.
randomletter_uckface

Issues: Anxiety, Depression, mild dissociation, sex and love addiction
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Some of my intrusive thoughts

Postby randomletter_uckface » July 11th, 2017, 12:41 pm

I imagine stabbing myself when cutting up food

and as a kid I used to look down into the toilet to see if a big red lobster is going to come up (I saw it on tv once and it stuck with me)
randomletter_uckface

Postby oak » July 11th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you did.
"Work is love made visible." -Kahlil Gibran

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen
oak

Postby randomletter_uckface » July 14th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Thanks for replying, Oak!
randomletter_uckface

Postby rivergirl » July 15th, 2017, 6:51 am

Hi randomletter,
Did you happen to listen to the Maria Bamford episode? She struggles with these kinds of thoughts. I have problems with this too, although it seems to be one issue that's lessened as I've gotten older. I hope you don't feel alone in this since it seems to be very common.

rivergirl
rivergirl

Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Postby randomletter_uckface » July 15th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Hi Rivergirl!
I have yet to hear that one, thanks for the tip!
randomletter_uckface

Return to Non-OCD UnWanted Thoughts/Desires