Thought some of you might find this helpful. I work an office job and often end up working 11-hour days or more. My husband created this workout for me, it's very effective! Possibly easier for me because my pod is in the back corner of the office, but anybody with an office or fairly secluded pod can do these exercises. Maybe not the plank. But, you know, it's all a suggestion. Sometimes I just do some of the steps, depending on what I'm wearing, how many are in the office, etc.
Resistance Band Work Workout
Core – 1-minute plank
Legs – 3 sets, 10 reps each leg, alternating
• Place band tightly around foot and flex foot toward chest, then extend leg slowly while keeping all muscles (especially glutes) tight and steady.
Chest – 3 sets, 8 – 10 reps each
• ORANGE CRUSH – Place band behind mid-back so it wraps across mid-bicep; ensure band is tight enough to offer resistance. With arms tight and not using your elbows, bring arms forward as if you’re squeezing an orange using your chest.
• INCLINE PRESS – Run band under chair and hold both ends. Lean back into chair so you are resting at a slight angle. Hold bands as if you are holding a bar, and press up and out, as if performing an incline bench press.
Leg Extensions – 3 sets, 5 reps, hold for 3 seconds
Back – 3 sets, 10 reps each
• BREAK AN EGG – Grasp band with hands slightly over 1 foot apart. With elbows near sides and band in front of chest (sitting at your top ribs), pull hands apart as if you’re trying to break an egg with your shoulder blades and back muscles. Fuck them eggs up!
• PULL DOWN – With grip slightly wider than BREAK AN EGG exercise, hold band above head and lean forward while keeping core tight and looking forward. Pull band taut and maintain tension while pulling band down to touch your upper traps. Keep core, arms and back muscles tight.
Calf Raises – 5 sets, 8 reps
Shoulders – 5 sets, 5 – 10 reps each
• MILITARY PRESS – Run band underneath chair. Hold ends of band directly above shoulders as if they were dumbbells. Press upward and bring them back down slowly, then wing out to the sides. Both movements count as one rep.
• SCAPTION TO LATERAL – While seated, put band under feet, hold ends and bring arms up, keeping them straight. Do not lock elbows. Bring arms back down, then wing out to the sides. Both movements count as one rep.
• CURLS – 3 sets, 10 reps; underhead
• REVERSE GRIP CURLS – 3 sets, 5 – 10 reps; overhead
• HAMMER CURLS – 3 sets, 5 – 10 reps; vertical
• TRICEP PRESS – 3 sets, 5 – 10 reps; With band under chair, hold ends and bring hands behind head. Press up so hands are over your head.
• CHAIR DIPS – 3 sets, 3 – 5 reps