Cult episodes

Cult episodes

Postby BreakingTraining77 » August 9th, 2016, 4:46 am

Hi,

There looks to be a great back catalog, but can anyone let know which episodes feature involvement in a cult?

Thanks!
BreakingTraining77

Issues: Bi Polar Disorder, Alcoholism, Self Esteem Issues.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Cult episodes

Postby brownblob » August 9th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Episode #230 with Derek Bloch is about a guy who had a bad experience growing up in Scientology. It may be interesting to you.
"I don't like people much and they don't much like me." John Nash A Beautiful Mind
"Self knowledge is a dangerous thing--The freedom of who you are" Lou Reed
brownblob

Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: .

Postby Imissmysun » August 10th, 2016, 8:46 am

I just listened to that one and then directly after listened to a woman who is currently a member of scientology - which is a crazy listening challenge to go from listening to someone who had a really negative experience to another who has a positive experience -

I am a survisor of religious abuse one of my exes was pretty delusional and I realize in retrospect that I was in a cult relationship - it is not something that is written about or talked about so I have had difficulty finding others who shared the experience - however he certainly fed on my vulnerability he saw I was eager and needing of hope and something to believe in so he was able easily to convince me he was Jesus and then act like an a$$hole for 5 years and I bought it and blamed myself for all of his bad moods and inabilities to be an adult - I catered to his every whim and then in the end suffered dabilitating sadness when the relationship ended not only feeling the rejection of a heman rejecting me but of a spiritual figure that rejected me - it was heartbreaking and I am attempting to begin to heal but remember the pain humiliation shame and all other feelings that come from being out of that experience was overwhelming and I had to sort of deal with it alone because you can't go around telling people you were stupid enough to believe a random person was Jesus reincarnated...
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
Imissmysun

Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Postby rivergirl » August 10th, 2016, 5:26 pm

Mike Carano, episode #65, lived in a Christian cult as a child.
rivergirl

Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Postby Paul Gilmartin » August 11th, 2016, 1:31 pm

Also, some religious abuse ones but not necessarily cults was Julie J. and Hilary A. I'm sure there are others I just can't think of them.
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Paul Gilmartin

Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Return to Podcast Episodes/Surveys